Burnt Orange is a peaceful oasis in Mosman, a harbourside suburb in Sydney’s north.
It’s a Jack of many trades (and master of them all!) boasting a beautiful cafe and retail space, as well as being suitable for functions (it would be gorgeous for a wedding reception!). They also offer high tea, and have recently rolled out a kid’s high tea, both of which can be arrange by appointment.
After perusing their shop, which is full of home wares, books, toys and ladies’ fashion, I’d suggest you take a seat for brekkie on the balcony, which wraps around most of the building. The view is beautiful, and the vibe incredibly tranquil. It doesn’t take much to forget that you’re in the middle of Sydney.
- the coconut and almond chia pudding with toasted organic seeds and nuts, flamed banana, and seasonal fruits
- the breakfast super food bowl with freekeh, quinoa, beans, roasted mushroom, edamame, cauliflower, slow roasted tomato, haloumi, micro shiso, and a poached egg
- the buttermilk pancakes with fresh berries and ricotta
- the eggs Benedict with poached eggs on toasted brioche with hollandaise sauce, bacon, asparagus, and Alaskan king crab
- the full breakfast with poached eggs, double smoked bacon, slow roasted Roma tomato, house baked beans, and mushrooms with sourdough toast
- the breakfast board with miso salmon, grilled haloumi, fresh avocado and a soft poached egg served with house-made Avoca soda bread
- the breakfast bruschetta with vine tomato and avocado with fresh herbs, double smoked bacon, apple balsamic caramel, and a poached egg on grilled sourdough
- a selection of drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
Follow them on the gram @burntorangemosman
Check out their website at http://www.burntorange.com.au/
Post written by @lizlyons_