The Butler Potts Point is one of the most beautiful restaurants in Sydney. If you’re looking for a great date spot drop everything, you’ve found it.
They describe themselves as being “…all high ceilings, botanical wall coverings, and a rich luxe space out on the terrace” and they are spot on. The terrace area is utterly gorgeous, boasting beautiful, uninterrupted views of Sydney’s impressive skyline. Plants adorn every wall and the whole atmosphere is that of a beautiful oasis.
The food and drink is on par with the decor. Bright, vibrant and utterly delicious.
- the cured salmon with green apple, habanero, onion and citrus
- the queso fundido: melted cheese with red chorizo, shishito peppers, and a flour tortilla
- the charred octopus with squid ink mole pobiano, baby potatoes, Romesco emulsion, and toasted sesame
- the black pepper and corinader seed pan-seared hanger steak, with mint verde, eggplant and pico de gallo
- the quinoa, pickled red cabbage, cucumber, mint, orange and labneh
- the ‘tropic like it’s hot’ cocktail with encanto pisco, tio pepe sherry, raspberry, orgeat, mint and lemon
- the ‘leaf Britney alone’ cocktail with Beefeater gin, elderflower, lemon, coconut, pineapple, vanilla, and a kaffir lime leaf
- the ‘clover more’ cocktail with Jameson, mango, ginger, lemon and Laphroaig mist
- the ‘melonade’ cocktail with Absolut vodka, elderflower, watermelon, lemon, ginger, angostura bitters and soda
Follow them on the gram @thebutlersydney
Post written by @lizlyons_