Is there anything avocados can’t do? No, the answer is no. In this recipe, they give sourdough toast the heave-ho and choose chocolate as their partner in crime instead. Enjoy these creamy, delicious “chocado” brownies (with ice cream for a real treat!).
- 2 x 250g avocados, halved and deseeded
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ cup plain flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan-forced.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl and add lemon juice.
- Using a stick blender, blend avocado until smooth (it is important not to have any lumps).
- Add sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour, baking powder and chocolate to avocados. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Allow brownie to cool completely in pan.
- Serve with ice cream.