A well-balanced breakfast sets up your energy levels, revs up your metabolism and reduces the likelihood of binging later in the day. They don’t call it ‘the most important meal of the day’ for nothing.
This cereal recipe is low in sugar, and made with minimally processed ingredients. Preparing a large batch will save you time and effort every morning. Use a measuring cup as a scoop to make you more mindful of your serving size.
Start your day right with my simple, wholesome, cost-effective, time friendly and, most importantly, tasty recipe.
- 900g rolled oats or quick oats
- 60g chia seeds
- 60g white sesame seeds
- 60g black sesame seeds
- 100g pepitas
- 100g almonds
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g crushed peanuts
- 100g shredded coconut
- 3tsp cinnamon (I used Oasis brand)
- 3tsp turmeric (I used Oasis brand)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or pot and mix.
- Empty contents into a large container.
- Enjoy with your choice of toppings.
- My easy option is to mix a cup of real cereal with 1 scoop of protein powder (I use @musclecoach vanilla WPC) and add milk (regular milk, almond, coconut or cashew).
- Serve with Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
- Mix 2:1 real cereal to water. Microwave 1 min. Add 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Microwave 1.5 min. Add frozen blueberries and a scoop of protein powder and mix.
Post written by Chris Nayna, Train Station Fitness (RN, PGC Critical Care Cardiology, PT – Cert III/IV Fitness)
For more about Chris, check out his website at www.trainstationfitness.com.au
Follow Chris on the gram at @chrisnayna
Follow Train Station Fitness on the gram at @trainstationfitness_
Alive by ikson: http://www.soundcloud.com/ikson
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/OYef8hEHn64