Faraday’s Cage may just be Fitzroy’s best kept secret. The artisan bakery and cafe make beautiful baked goods, with everything baked on site using traditional techniques.
Their cosy interior provides the perfect place to while away an afternoon with warm croissant in hand or, for the Instagram-fiends among us, they also have another seating area which backs on to a laneway (plenty of natural light that’s perfect for photographing their gorgeous brekkie menu!).
Speaking of, Faraday’s breakfast offering is truly divine. It ranges from healthy goodies like the super salad with kale, and the beetroot falafel with Egyptian roast cauliflower and tahini yoghurt, to the more decadent ricotta pancakes with caramelised white chocolate.
- House-made pear granola with a saffron-poached pear, house granola, honey, thyme labne, acai and seasonal berries
- Ricotta pancakes with caramelised white chocolate, broken meringue, passionfruit, maple syrup dehydrated strawberry, lemon balm, mascarpone and berries
- Smashed avocado with beetroot hummus, black olive oil, Meredith’s goat cheese, breakfast radish, kale salt, herb salad, and rye sourdough toast
- Eggs benny with 12 hour pulled pork shoulder, poached eggs, pickled chilli, chipotle hollandaise, bacon crumb and sourdough toast
- Hot smoked salmon and fritters with sweet potato, corn and quinoa fritters, eggplant and tomato relish, a poached egg and kale salt
- The super salad with kale, grilled sweet corn, medley tomato, avocado, black beans, Grana Padano, quinoa, poached egg, toasted almonds, sweet lime vinaigrette
- A selection of house-made pastries
Follow them on the gram at @faradays.cage
Post written by @lizlyons_