The Hungry Fox Cafe in Essendon Fields has taken their kids’ space to the NEXT LEVEL, with a fully enclosed playground that is a hive of activity. They’ve also got a cubs menu which includes child-friendly favourites such as kids eggs on toast, a sausage roll with tomato sauce, and a cookie dough waffle (um, yum!).
For the bigger kids, there’s takeaway goodies at the front of the venue and a full menu for those with more time on their hands. Their brekkie menu runs all day, and their lunch menu kicks in at 11:30am.
- the acai berry smoothie bowl with buckwheat crumble, nuts, fresh fruit, and berries
- the avocado toast with diced and smashed avocado, roasted tomato, wild ginger, mint, cashew and sesame sprinkle, lime and two poached eggs
- the Benedict with house made hash, Grandma ham, edamame, guacamole, poached eggs, and hollandaise
- the earthy eggs with poached eggs, roasted mushroom, greens, sage, hazelnut romesco, and crispy polenta
- the milk and cookies – cookie dough waffle, malted milk, PB dulce de leche, corn flakes, fruit, and soft chocolate
- an assortment of smoothies, juices and coffees plus their amazing Nutella milk
Another plus is that these guys are fairly close to the airport, meaning that grumbling little tummies can be quickly appeased before the drive home. They’re also only a stone’s throw from their other biz, the well-worth-a-visit La Manna Supermarket.
You can find The Hungry Fox Cafe in Essendon Fields, Melbourne. Follow them on the gram at @thehungryfoxcafe