Who doesn’t love pancakes? Answer: no one. Particularly when they’re multi-coloured. These neapolitan pancakes will be a sure hit next time you’re whipping up some Saturday-morning-brekkie-goodness.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Mayver’s Tahini
- 4 tbsp Mayver’s Cacao Superspread
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries (blended to a puree or mashed well)
- Butter, for cooking
- 200ml coconut milk
- To make the basic pancake batter, mix together flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt in a small bowl. In a separate larger bowl, combine ricotta, coconut water and egg yolks. Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta and coconut water mixture, stirring gently until just combined and divide batter into 3 bowls.
- For the Vanilla & Tahini pancake – add Tahini, 1 tbsp brown rice syrup and vanilla extract to 1st bowl and stir through.
- For the Cacao Super Spread Pancake – add 1 tbsp Cacao Super Spread, cacao powder, 1 tbsp brown rice syrup to the 2nd bowl and stir through.
- For the Raspberry pancake – add raspberry puree to the 3rd bowl and mix through.
- Beat the egg whites with a electric mixer until stiff peaks form, this is what makes the pancakes light and fluffy. Divide the beaten egg whites amongst the 3 bowls and carefully fold through.
- To make the Cacao Sauce, heat the remaining Cacao Super Spread and coconut milk in a pot over the stove on a low heat. Stir until combined, then remove from heat.
- To make the pancakes, melt butter in a pan and cook pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, until a few bubbles form on the surface. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with the Cacao Super Spread Sauce and fresh berries of choice.
Recipe originally created by @healthyfamily5