Joondalup has a funky new cafe and you need to know about it.
Paper Avenue opened last month and is already proving to be a massive hit. I visited on one of their first mornings of trade and it was pumping, and no wonder given their wide-ranging brunch menu which encompasses dishes like lemon zest banana bread, the pumpkin and quinoa roasti, a beef brisket brioche, and a number of “wellness drinks” – funky lattes that are available hot or cold.
- the strawberry swoon latte
- the matcha/apple latte
- the tumeric latte
- the beef brisket brioche with slow-cooked smoked maple brisket, apple, mint and red cabbage slaw
- the brioche French toast spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon, and berry and star anise compote
- the Avenue breakfast with slow-cooked maple brisket, sauteed mushrooms, a poached egg, grilled cherry tomatoes, quarter inch bacon, and house made chutney on sourdough
- the avocado bruschetta with poached free range eggs, parmesan shards, and organic, spicy dukkah
If you’re heading that way or, even if you’re not, they’re well worth a look in.
Follow them on the gram at @paperavenuecafe
Post written by @lizlyons_