The Train Yard is a Heidelberg institution, and rightly so. They do brekkie and lunch seven days a week, as well as live music and house smoked BBQ meats on Friyay nights. And, they take bookings of 8 – 20 guests, which is a real point of difference in the brekkie game.
Their back section has a very beer garden kinda vibe, with a large bar extending across its back. It’s open and festive-feeling in summer, and cosy in the cool.
- Dr Marty’s crumpets with scorched banana, muscat grapes, and a peanut butter and toffee sauce (a must-order)
- avocado on sourdough with salsa verde, topped with whipped feta, a house dukkah mix and a poached egg
- the raspberry pancake with orange poppyseed syrup, toasted pistachio crumb, and chocolate shards
- the super bowl with kale, beetroot, quinoa, enoki and shitake mushrooms, toasted seed mix, watermelon and feta
- French style banana toast, with pineapple, walnut, and chilli glaze, vanilla ice cream and lime
- the breakfast board with a poached egg, and avocado on sourdough toast, chia pudding, crumpet with smoked salmon and feta, and cold pressed OJ
- fresh juices
Follow The Train Yard on the gram at @thetrainyard
Post written by @lizlyons_